Tuesday 14 May 2013

How curiosity didn’t get this cool cat killed and other stories


Everywhere I saw in Paris I saw memorabilia that showcased cats … Big fluffy ones swishing their tails to small balls of fur peering with big eyes with their tails wound around them. And everywhere you see there is a particular big-black-as-thunder-cat with piercing eyes I might add, perched on a compound peering at you from postcards to magnets to posters to bookmarks. By the end of day 2 ….. I dont know if curiosity did anything to the cat but it definitely got the better of me and I ended up having an animated conversation with a French woman (in mime language mostly) who told me that the poster was of a very famous cabaret in Paris which was closed before 1900. Would have been cool to visit it if it was still open. Beaver was "more than" interested in visiting the Moulin Rouge up until his beedy eyes roved over the section explaining the entry fees ;) .......... Up until then, his formerly mentioned eyes were roving all over the poster of "the artists" performing at Moulin Rouge. 
Chat Noir
 If cats were piping my curiosity in old Paree , It was donkeys when we reached Greece , to a point of overdrive … There were donkey keychains , donkey stuffed toys (I cannot imagine an Indian kid asking for a donkey soft toy) , donkey bags and what not. Didn’t remember to ask anyone what’s with Greeks and the love of donkeys??

No comments:

Post a Comment